Man in despair with raised hands and bow
What to do if you are in crisis

I am in session eight to nine hours a day, so usually if you find yourself in crisis, I will not be available. When you need someone to talk to urgently, here are some options for you.

  1. Call Genesee Crisis and Access Services, 810-257-3740. You can also text them by sending a text with the word FLINT to 741741.

  2. Contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, at 800-273-8255. You don't need to be suicidal to call, you can call anytime you need to talk. There is also an online chat available. When I tested it, there were 36 people in line ahead of me, so if that happens you might want to call instead.

  3. Contact Common Ground at 800-231-1127.

  4. If you are feeling suicidal, like you are an imminent threat to yourself, or homicidal, thinking you might hurt another person, go directly to the ER. They'll provide a social worker for you to talk to. If you are a current client, the physician in charge may or may not try to contact me to get my opinion on what might be the best treatment option for you, whether inpatient or outpatient services, or something in-between.

For psychiatric help with non-life-threatening issues -- (if life-threatening, do #4 above):

Cruz Clinic
17177 N Laurel Park Dr., Ste 131, Livonia, MI 48152
(734) 462-3210

Summit Psychiatric Services
20010 Farmington Rd, Livonia, MI 48152
(248) 313-8643

Murray Center
29500 Southfield Rd #100, Southfield, MI 48076
Phone: (248) 765-1795


Please know that just because you may be feeling really upset and I am not available, it doesn't mean you have no one qualified to help you. Trained professionals are available, some of them 24/7, to listen, provide support, and help you get into a better place.