• David Flowers

What to do if you are in crisis

Updated: Jan 27

I am in session eight to nine hours a day, so usually if you find yourself in crisis, I will not be available. If you really need someone to talk to, here are some options for you.

1. Call Genesee Crisis and Access Services, 810-257-3740. You can also text them by sending a text with the word FLINT to 741741.

2. Contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, at 800-273-8255. You don't need to be suicidal to call, you can call anytime you need to talk. There is also an online chat available. When I tested it, there were 36 people in line ahead of me, so if that happens you might want to call instead.

3. Contact Common Ground at 800-231-1127.

4. If you are feeling suicidal, like you are an imminent threat to yourself, or homicidal, and thinking you might hurt another person, go directly to the ER. They'll provide a social worker for you to talk to. The physician in charge may or may not try to contact me to get my opinion on what might be the best option for you, whether inpatient or outpatient services.

Please know that just because you may be feeling really upset and I am not available, it doesn't mean you have no one qualified to help you. Trained professionals are available, 24/7, in all of these ways to listen, provide support, and help you get into a better place.


Phone: (810) 354-5053


Fax: (810) 202-7348